- Age discrimination, wrongful termination. A 60-year-old employee was terminated after 10+ years of service for profanity in front of a customer. Other employees previously were accused of similar conduct yet not terminated. In the months preceding the termination plaintiff’s supervisor made several comments/jokes about plaintiff’s age.
- Plaintiff alleged that a Defendant Hospital and Nurse employee failed to provide appropriate medical treatment due to Plaintiff’s sexual orientation and religious beliefs. Defendant’s expert asserted that the medical care provided was well within the standard of care.
- A 63 year old Hispanic employee at a large aerospace manufacturing company alleged age and race discrimination resulting in his termination. The Defendant Company contended that the criteria used for the R.I.F. was neutral on its face and had no disparate impact on the older worker.
- Large national medical device manufacturer was sued by a former female African-American sales representative. Prior to her termination, Plaintiff complained to H/R about derogatory and ethnic based comments being made in the workplace by supervisors and co-employees.
- Plaintiff is Caucasian. He was a supervisor for a national grocery store chain. He was terminated for making derogatory comments about a disabled employee upon his return to the workplace. Plaintiff alleged race discrimination.
- Age discrimination case brought against an international charitable organization. Plaintiff was a 22 year employee in the accounts payable department who was terminated for alleged performance issues. She asserted her age was a motivating reason for the decision to fire her. This was supported by age-based comments in the workplace.
- Age discrimination case asserted against a large international cosmetics manufacturer. Plaintiff was a 62 year old former employee who last worked as a Senior Financial Analyst. She was 60 years old at termination. Company terminated her for alleged performance issues – primarily failure to keep up with the new technology needed to perform certain accounting functions.
- Long term African-American employee terminated for clocking in 7 minutes late. Plaintiff alleged the termination was in retaliation for complaining about perceived discrimination several months earlier.
- Pattern and practice race discrimination. Plaintiffs alleged that a large nationwide retailer systematically placed Black employees in a particular store with no chance of promotion or reassignment to a profitable location.
- Law firm partner terminated for sending racially derogatory remarks to associate attorney. Alleged retaliation for prior complaints of questionable business practices.
- Age discrimination/wrongful termination claim. 50 year old employee who worked for a national retail store was fired after 21 years of employment. Company contended he was terminated for mistreatment of a customer. Employee alleged the company was targeting older employees for termination in a company-wide practice to reduce costs by hiring younger employees.
- Age discrimination. 25 year employee with large aerospace company terminated at age 63. R.I.F. and performance issues alleged by Defendant.
- A co-manager with a national retail store was terminated for violating the Company’s cash fund transfer policy. Plaintiff acknowledged the alleged violation but argued it was a minor violation and not regularly enforced. Instead he claimed his termination was based in part due to his age.